The Always On Display on Samsung Galaxy S7 is one of the most prominent features that become a hot topic among gadget user.
The basic idea of this feature has been implemented in another mobile phone before, but nevertheless, Samsung has managed to set the pace that most likely will be followed by the other smartphone vendors.
Whether we realize it or not, we use our smartphone very often to check time and notification. Every time we want to see whether there a message or missed call or simply want to know the time, we have to unlock the phone and wake it up.
It is pretty time consuming and not very practical. This is where the idea of Always On Display comes from. It basically allow user to check on times and notifications without have to unlock and wake up the phone.
The Always On Display is very helpful and useful during many situations, for example during night time when people who are still very sleepy and want to know what time it is, or during meeting where a glimpse on the screen will let people know the time or call they had missed without have to fumbling with the phone first.
How to Use Always On Display on Galaxy S7
This feature is available on Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. But before you can use this feature, you need to enable it first and later, if you don’t want to use it, you can disable it.
Follow these steps to set up this feature:
- Go to “Settings” by choosing Settings app in the app drawer or taking the shortcut by swipe down the screen to enter notification panel and tap Settings icon
- On the Settings menu, tap “DEVICE” tab and then tap “Display“
- On Display menu, choose “Always On Display”
- To enable it, drag the slide to the right, and to disable it drag the slide to the left
- You can set up the whole thing in Always On Display menu. In there you can choose the Content to show, Clock style and Background image. This is how you set and customize the appearance of this feature in your device. On the Content to show, you can choose Clock, Calendar or Image.
Suggested Read: How to Clear Cache and Clear Data on Samsung Galaxy S7
Additional information about Always On Display
Always On Display feature will keep on as long as you had enabled it before. But, there are times when it will turn off automatically such as when:
- The phone is in the pocket
- When the battery level is less than 5%. The system will automatically turn it off to reserve the battery
- When the night clock is activated
The idea of having the information such as time and notification on the screen without have to wake up the phone is a very interesting one, although it leads to assumption that it will drain battery a lot. Thankfully it use very little of battery power as much as 1% per hour in standby mode.
All things considered, the Always On Display is a very valuable, useful and helpful feature for every Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge owner.