As one of the user, you might have been at a time when your device has a problem with the Wi-Fi. It can be your iOS 9 device does not want to connect to the router or if it can, your device keep disconnecting in a few minutes after you connect it. More often than not, the most common problem is that even if your device can connect to the router, the connection is too slow.
If you happen to experience these problems, this article will tell you how to fix wi-fi won’t connect, disconnect, or slow problems on iOS 9 device. In fact, there are several things that you need to do if these things happen.
1. The first and the most primary step you can do is restarting your device by holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for several seconds. If you can, you can also restart the router. More often than not, restarting the router is proven to be the most effective way to fix this problem.
2. The next thing you can do is going to Settings > Wi-Fi and tap on the problem network, then choose Forget this Network and tap Forget. After that, you can go back to the wi-fi page and select the network you want to connect to get a fresh connection.
3. The third way is quite extreme, but it is worth trying. You can reset all of your network setting. You can go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. However, if you do this, there might be a chance that you have to put the passwords in again.
4. Also you can try disabled Wi-Fi Networking services. You can do it by selecting Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services.
5. More often than not, Wi-Fi Assist can also be the source of the problem. In order to fix this, you can go to Settings and then select Cellular. After that, you can scroll down the screen to toggle Wi-Fi Assist.
6. If you use a VPN service, make sure you have log in. You should also make sure been getting updates that may be required for iOS 9.