Guide on Performing Factory Reset on LG G5 – Factory reset is actually a simple action that will bring the phone back to its original state, just like when it comes out from the factory, hence the name.
Not many people want to do this because it will erase their data and additional application that they use all this time. It is not convenient to install those applications once again, reset the whole setting, and register it, copying the data and other stuff that people have to do after performing factory reset.
But, whether you like it or not, performing factory reset is something that you can’t avoid especially when you already taken the other route to fix the issue with your device with no satisfying result.
Sure that you can always bring them back to a phone technician, but in most cases, those technician will do factory reset so why don’t you do it on your own.
It is not that complicated and as long as you already back up the whole data in your LG G5 first, through any means that you like, then you will be safe.
Now, you can do soft factory reset straight from Settings application, or if for some reasons you can’t access it, you can choose to do hard factory reset.
How to Soft Factory Reset LG G5
Soft factory reset is the easiest way to do factory reset since you can do it from Settings application on your LG G5. Here is how to do it:
- Go to Settings application on your device.
- Choose General tab and scroll down until you come up with “Backup & Reset” option. Tap on it.
- You will see different options appear. Find “Factory data reset” option and tap on it.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will see “Reset Phone” option. Tap on it.
- Enter your unlock sequence if you have configured one, then tap “Delete all” and OK to confirm.
- Wait until the process is completed, where the phone will reboot back to its normal mode.
Don’t Miss: How to Wipe Cache Partition on LG G5
How to Hard Factory Reset LG G5
If, you can’t access Settings application, then you can do hard factory reset. In this case, you need to enter Recovery Mode on your LG G5 first.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Boot into Recovery Mode on LG G5.
- In Recovery Mode, you can navigate your way to several available options using Volume Up and Down button. Find Factory Reset option, highlight it using the Volume button and use Power button to select it.
- You need to confirm this action once again by choose “Yes” using Power button.
- The process will be started and when it’s done, your device will reboot to normal mode, where you need to activate your Android again.
- Now you can transfer the backup data that you already stored previously, and use your LG G5 once again with no more issue.
Both soft reset and hard reset will work on your device. The difference is the way you access the Factory Reset option only, and once you do it, you can expect better performance on your device.