Boot into Recovery Mode on LG G5. There are reasons why you want to use recovery mode on your LG G5. This particular mode is basically available in almost all Android devices including LG G5. There are other modes that you can run other than the normal mode, and it exists for specific reason.
As for recovery mode, you may need it if you want to do factory reset on your phone. As you may know, factory reset will bring the state of your phone back to its original state, just like when it’s fresh out of the factory.
Factory reset is one thing that you need to do if you want to wipe out the entire data on your phone before you sell it out, or when you are desperate enough to fix some issue that you can’t solve with any other solution.
Recovery mode also allows you to boot into custom recovery, if you have one. It doesn’t matter what kind of custom recovery you put into your device, whether it was CWM, TWRP or other types of custom recovery, you can easily access it from recovery mode.
Now, all you need to do is follow these steps, one at a time that should bring your LG G5 into recovery mode:
- Turn off your phone completely. This is the first step that you need to do before you can move on to the next step.
- Now, press and hold Power button and Volume Down button in the same time for several seconds until you see LG logo appear on the screen. Once you see the logo, let both buttons go.
- Wait for one second and remember only one second, before you need to press and hold the same Power button and Volume Down button again. This time, keep pressing on those buttons until your device boot up into Recovery Mode.
- When the device has enter Recovery Mode, then you can release both buttons.
- In the Recovery Mode, you can navigate through the available options by using Volume Up and Volume Down button, and to choose an option, you can use Power button. Your touch screen will not work temporarily while you still use Recovery Mode.
- Now you can navigate through the available options in this mode such as factory reset or reboot the device. There are not too many options in this menu, unless you already installed custom recovery mode in it.
- When you are done with it, you can choose the “reboot system now” options where it will bring your device back to its normal mode and ready to use once more.
It was that easy to enter Recovery Mode in LG G5. If you want to use it to do factory reset, then you must backup the entire data you have before you proceed with it.
This way, you can keep your valuable data and use it for your personal need by copying it back to your LG G5 or transfer it to another device easily without have to worry for losing any of it.