Guide on Booting into Fastboot / Download Mode on LG G4 – If you are up into something with your device, you better do it from download mode. Download mode give you an access to the basic level of the hardware or in this case LG G4.
This is also the place that allows you to do some modification on your device such as downgrading, flash a firmware manually, revert back to stock and similar things like that.
Usually, only technician that use this mode, but thanks to specific software like LG Flash Tool, anyone can access and use it for their purpose. Remember that you need to know exactly what you are doing if you choose to do this, or you will end up screw up everything else on the system.
Download Mode gives access to the basic level where every single change in it will change the way your device work in some way, so stick to what you know and leave the rest of it.
There are at least two things that you are going to need if you want to use Fastboot / Download Mode and they are:
- A computer with specific software, in this case LG Flash Tools for your LG G4.
- Original USB cable that comes with LG G4, just to make sure everything run smoothly. If you prefer, you can use other USB cable, but in case you are unable to boot into Download mode, then you may have to switch back to the original one.
When you already have both, then you can start to boot into Fastboot / Download Mode on LG G4 by following these steps:
- First thing you need to do is to download and install LG USB drivers into your computer so your device will be able to connect nicely with your PC.
- Plug the USB cable into your PC but not into your device and then turn on the PC.
- Turn OFF your LG G4.
- When your device has turn off completely, press and hold Volume Up button and in the same time, plug the USB cable into your device. This action will instruct the device to turn back on not in normal mode but in Fastboot / Download Mode.
- Keep pressing the Volume Up button until Download Mode appear on the screen.
- Keep doing this until your device boot into “Firmware Update” page. This is where you can release the button.
Now you have entered Fastboot / Download Mode in your device. This is where you can anything with your LG G4 such as flash firmware image or revert it back to stock, or everything else that you have in mind.
Remember that you need to know exactly what you are doing and do not disturb anything else on this mode that you don’t need.
Another thing that you also must remember is to never unplug the USB cable both from the PC and from your device during the process. Make sure that everything has completed before you unplug the cable or you will end up brick on your device, which is something that you don’t want it to happen.