Find out how to perform factory reset on OnePlus 3 that will bring the phone back to its original factory setting where it should be able to clear out any problem that unsolved with other troubleshooting action.
Bringing the phone back to its original factory setting or factory reset is a final troubleshooting action that is highly recommended to solve all sort of problem that happen to a phone. The same thing goes for OnePlus 3, where performing factory reset should be able to clear any issue that plagues the phone.
Factory reset also will wipe out all data that was stored in the phone. It means that any data that was put in the phone such as photo, music file, document, video and any other data will be wipe out. It also means that phone user need to back up the whole thing, either by using their Google account or by other means, so they can restore it back once the factory reset process is complete.
Performing factory reset can be done using two different methods. Both methods give the same result but using different approach. The first method called soft factory reset and the second one called hard factory reset. User can use any method they want and still get the same result.
OnePlus 3 Soft Factory Reset
Soft factory reset is the easiest method to use on OnePlus 3. In this method, user doesn’t have to power off the phone first because they can find the access to factory reset from Settings application. This is how to perform soft factory reset:
- Launch Settings application on OnePlus 3.
- Find the “Backup & Reset” option on Settings menu and tap on it.
- At the bottom of the page, there is the “Reset Phone” button. Tap on it as well.
- To start the process, tap the “Erase Everything” button.
- Wait until the process is complete.
OnePlus 3 Hard Factory Reset
If for some reason, user is unable to access Setting application on their phone, they can perform hard factory reset to reset their phone back to its factory setting. Perhaps the phone is freeze up or perhaps it was trapped in bootloop where it keeps reboot and reboot. If that is the case, hard factory reset is the only option that user can do.
To perform hard factory reset, user must power off their OnePlus 3 first. After that, follow the step by step guide below:
- Boot the phone to Fastboot Mode.
- From Fastboot Mode, user need to boot the phone to Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, user can navigate all around using Volume button. Make sure to highlighted the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option.
- Press Power button to select the highlighted option.
- Confirm this action by selecting “Yes – Delete All User Data” option by press Power button.
- The process will begin and user must wait until its finished.
- When the process is complete, highlighted the “Reboot System Now” option and then press Power button to select it.
The phone will reboot back to standard mode and user will see the change has take place. The phone now has the original setting that was free of trouble and allow user to use it the way they want to.