Find out how you can disable DT Ignite feature on Verizon Galaxy S7 so you don’t have to worry that Verizon will install another apps or bloatware that you don’t want to have in your phone.
Recently Verizon updated Samsung Galaxy S7 with security patches and along with it; they also installed a new bloatware called DT Ignite. Now, people have different opinion when it comes to bloatware. Some find it useful while other people think that bloatware are completely useless so there is no need for that kind of app.
This is a matter of personal preference, so everyone have their own opinion and there is no right and wrong in this matter. Back to DT Ignite app, this app is a service that works in the background that allows Verizon to make contact anytime they want.
It makes Verizon able to install all kinds of software in the device remotely, without even let the device owner know about it. You may wake up in the morning and find new software installed in your phone without your consent.
If you think that the access that Verizon have to your device is problem for your privacy, then you can disable DT Ignite by following this guide:
- Go to Settings application on your device.
- On Settings menu, find “Application” option and tap on it.
- Tap the “Application Manager” option.
- You will find the list of regular application that you installed in your phone. The one you are looking for is not listed in this part, so you need to dig further by tap on “More” button that located on the top right.
- After that, tap on “System App” option.
- Among the System App option you will find “DT Ignite” app, and tap on it.
- You will enter the new page that explains everything about this app. There are also “Disable” and “Force Stop” buttons on it. What you need to do is tap on the “Disable” button.
- A dialog box will appear to give you warning about the action that you are going to do and how it can cause error. Do not need to worry about it, just choose the “Disable” button once more to confirm it.
Now you already disable DT Ignite bloatware in your device. Remember that this is a bloatware so there is no way to uninstall it. Disable this app is more than enough so Verizon are no longer have access to your phone. Verizon also can’t enable this software remotely without having OTA update, so you don’t have to worry about it.
The only way to remove this app completely is by having root access. Even if you do have root access and you can remove the APK file, there is not much to gain especially in memory since this app is only 100KB in size. You get the same result by disable this app and that should serve you more than enough.
Now you already know how to disable DT Ignite bloatware. The process is very simple and easy to follow and if you want to enable this app in the future, you can repeat the same process and instead of choosing “Disable” option, you should opt for “Enable” and it will start work again.