Clear app cache and or clear app data is a good troubleshooting action that you can take whenever there is problem with particular app in your Motorola Moto Z Droid and this is where you can learn how to do it.
There is always a possibility that an app in your Moto Z Droid gives you trouble although it never do that before. If that is the case, then finding the best troubleshooting action is the first thing to do. In this case, you can wipe or clear app cache and app data of that particular app.
Clear app cache and data is like giving the app a fresh start that will help to make it work properly again. When you are trying to solve a problem with particular app, start it by clear the app cache first, before you clear app data. In some cases, it is more than enough to solve the problem, but if it’s not working, then you can go on to clear app data.
Now, here is the thing about clear app data. Before you do this, you will get a warning about the possibility of losing data or files that connected to the app. That is why it will be better to back up the data first before you do this.
This is not always the case though, because it is possible that all you need to do is enter your name and password to Google Account to get the whole thing back, but then again it will be better to prepare for the worst.
Clear Application Cache and Data on Moto Z Droid
Clear app cache and app data is easy to do and the good thing about both actions is that both options are located in the same page. You just need to find the right page and then you can do whatever action that you need to do. Now, below you will find the step by step on clear app cache and app data as well:
- Go to Settings application in your Motorola Moto Z Droid.
- Find the Apps menu and then tap on it.
- You will see a page that showing you the whole application that was installed in your phone, find the name of the troubled application and tap on it as well.
- It will bring you to the page that contain the information about the app. You need to tap on Storage option
- When you tap Storage option, you will find the information about the how much storage that this app use both for app data and cache data.
- In the first step, you need to tap on Clear Cache button. After that, you can return to home screen and try the app once more to see if the problem is still show up or not.
- If the problem is still showing, then you need to get back to the same page, but instead of tap Clear Cache, you need to tap on Clear Data button, which will clear the whole data of this app.
Now, it should solve the problem you have with particular app in your phone. In most cases, it will solve the issue you have but if it’s not, then you need to take other action including uninstall and reinstall the app, or perhaps performing factory reset on your phone.