Learn how to wipe cache partition on OnePlus 3 as part of troubleshooting action that should help you to deal with random issue that happen to your device caused by corrupted cache data on the phone.
Android OS keep bits of data from the system as well as from the application that was installed in OnePlus 3. This cache data was stored in cache partition for a reason. It help the phone to access it faster, thus increase phone performance. But if the cache data become corrupted, various issues may happen to the phone for example, poor battery life, poor performance, troubled apps, overheating issue and so much more.
The cause corrupted cache data is varying from one person to another. It may happen out of nowhere, which is very possible to happen. Some people find that the problem is start to show up after they update the phone OS.
Probably it happen because there are some cached data that wasn’t carried over properly on the new update, thus make it clash with the older data. If that is the case, the wiping out cache partition should clear the problem. It will give the device a fresh start where it will write fresh cache data that is free of trouble.
OnePlus 3 Wipe Cache Partition Tutorial
Wipe cache partition is not universal solution for all the problem that happen to OnePlus 3, but it is worth to try. This action will only clear cache data so any valuable data that was stored in the phone will stay safe so there is no need to worry about it.
The process of wipe cache partition is not a straight process. You need to boot the phone into two different special modes before you can perform this action. Below you will find the step by step guide on how to wipe cache partition on OnePlus 3 so you won’t make any mistake:
- Start by Power Off OnePlus 3, after that boot the phone to Fastboot Mode.
- In Fastboot Mode, there is an option called “Recovery”. Choose this option where it will boot your phone to Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, there are several options to choose. To wipe cache partition, choose the “Wipe Cache Partition” option. In this mode, you can only use Volume button to navigate from one option to another because the touch screen is not working. Make sure to highlighted the right option before you press Power button to select it.
- You need to confirm this action by choosing “Yes” option.
- The process will begin and you need to wait until it complete.
- Highlighted the “Reboot System Now” option and then use Power button to select it.
The phone will reboot back to normal standard mode. You need to understand that it will take a while for the system to rebuild back the cache. It may take a while to rebuild the whole thing, depend on the total application you have it there. It means that you have to wait a little longer for the phone to reboot back to normal mode after you perform this action. After that, the reboot process will go faster as usual and hopefully there is no more problem with your phone.