Step by Step to Wipe Cache Partition on Nexus 6P – Now, if you notice that your Nexus 6P has some performance problem in all sort of form, then you need to take a break for a while and do something about it. First thing to do is to find the cause of the problem. It could be anything and sometimes corrupted cache is the one that responsible.
You must know that Android system collect various data from the application that was installed on the device. These data are stored in cache partition where its main use is to help user like you to access the app faster.
So, how can these cache data get corrupted? It could happen for any reasons and sometimes with no obvious reason at all.
If the problem happen after you update the system on your device than it was possible that it happen because the cache data somehow didn’t get along with the new systems. In other cases, the problem could happen out of the blue and there is no way you know what caused it in the first place.
Wipe out cache partition will make Android system on your Nexus 6P rebuild it once again. It also means that the system will start it fresh and it is very common to find that this action manage to eliminate any of the previous problem.
Since the data you are going to wipe out is only data cache, you don’t have to worry for having your personal data wipe out as well, so it is practically very safe to do and yet it work pretty effectively.
Now you know that wipe out cache partition can be very helpful if you encountered any problem with your device, then it is about time for you to learn how to do it:
- Power OFF your device first. When you want to perform wipe cache partition action, you need to do it from special mode called recovery mode, so that is the reason why you need to power off your Nexus 6P first.
- Boot into Fastboot Mode first.
- From fastboot mode, you are required to boot your device into Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, use Volume Up and Volume Down button to move around and find “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Press Power button to select this option.
- Confirm your action by selecting “Yes” option on confirmation dialog.
- Now all you need to do is wait around until the process complete. Just like anything else, if there are lots of cached data from so many apps that you installed in there, it will be a while before the process is complete.
- When it’s done, go find “Reboot System Now” option and choose it.
- Well done, you are now successfully wipe cache partition on your Nexus 6P and you are free to use the phone once more.
Wipe out cache partition action that you just perform will leave no cache in the system. It means that Android will rebuild it once again and that is the reason why you need to wait for a while on the first booting after your perform this action, until the rebuilding process is complete.