Guide on Using Android App on Chrome and Chromebook – Do you have favorite Android app or you want to use a new app but you want to use it on bigger screen such as your desktop but you don’t know whether it was possible to do it on your Chrome and Chrome OS? Well, the answer is yes, it is possible for you to do it.
How you can do it? By using a specific tools called ARC that stands for Android Runtime for Chrome. This tool was released by Google in order to help developer to import the app they want to Chrome and Chrome OS and run it from there.
This is a great work by Google and things get even better where now not only a developer that can use this tool, but also end user like you and most people out there.
Now, how can use this tool for your benefit? Here is how you can do it, and read it carefully so you don’t miss anything:
- Launch Chrome browser.
- Now you need to have the tools for this task. Download and install ARC Welder app from Chrome Store.
- When you already installed it, launch it from Chrome app launcher.
- After you launched it, you need to set directory for ARC, where the temporary files will be stored. To do this, click the “Choose” button and select the directory. It could be anywhere that you want to.
- Now you can download an APK to load or test. Make sure you get the legit Android APK from reputable source to prevent any problem.
- Start using ARC Welder to sideload and run Android apps. Do this by click the “Add your APK” option from within ARC Welder window, you can browse and select the APK you want to work on.
- This is where you can configure the setting. There are lots of things that you can do in this step. You can set the screen orientation, the form factor that will use, set it up to have access to your clipboard or not and other settings. When it’s done, click the “Launch App” at the bottom right on the screen and it will start to load.
It doesn’t really matter the kind of Chrome browser you have in there, whether it was the standalone browser installed in Windows or other OS, or you have Chrome OS on your Chromebook or Chrome Stick. Anything will work.
Now you can run the app in your Chrome or Chrome OS browser in your device. Now, this tool is not perfect yet, because it still new and it require lots of things to work on to improves its performance. But overall the concept itself is pretty great and it surely will be better in the future.
No matter what, you can use this guide to bring Android app into Chrome and use it in no time. So, why don’t you give it a try and see which app that work great using this tool.