Performing Factory Reset on Nexus 6P – The complicated system of Android on your Nexus 6P may cause some problem when things got tangled up. That is when you start to notice issue with the way your phone work, issue that was never there before.
What are you going to do about it? There are lots of things to try such as finding out whether the third party applications that caused it, wipe cache data and app data, or perhaps wipe cache partition.
If nothing works, then it means you need to perform factory reset. It will bring your phone back to the clean state, the one that you find when you just bought the phone.
It also means that there are will be no apps as well as other data that was stored in the phone since it already wipe out during factory reset.
Do not fret yet, because you can restore those data back in no time using the backup service from Google. Gone are the days where you have to restore the data manually because Google has provided backup service to any Android device user.
It means that you don’t have to worry for losing any data, just make sure that Google has already back the whole things up before you perform factory reset.
Performing factory reset is very simple and easy. All you need to do is go to Settings application on your Nexus 6P and then follow this step:
- Find the “Backup & Reset” option and then tap on it.
- At the bottom of the menu you will find “Reset Phone” option, tap on this option as well.
- Once again you need to tap on a specific option, the “Erase Everything” option.
- Just wait, because the factory reset has already begin.
Some people called the method that was explained above as soft factory reset. It can be done only if you can access the Settings app in your device. If you can’t boot into regular mode or for whatever reason you are unable to access Settings app in your device, then the only option left is to perform hard factory reset.
How you can perform hard factory reset? Here is how:
- Power OFF your device first.
- Boot it into Fastboot Mode.
- From fastboot mode, boot your device once again to another mode, the Recovery Mode.
- There you will find a list of actions to perform and highlighted the “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option using Volume Up and Down button.
- To choose the highlighted option, press Power button.
- Confirm this action on the confirmation dialog box by highlighted and choose the “Yes, Delete All User Data” option.
- The process will begin and all you can do is wait for it.
- Once it completed, reboot the device back to its regular mode by highlighted and choose the “Reboot System Now” option.
Now you already know how to perform factory reset. Next times you have to deal with issue on your Nexus 6P that doesn’t respond to other actions, then it means you can try to do factory reset right away and have the problem solved.