There is at least one basic knowledge that every smartphone owner need to know and that is how to boot into recovery mode. Why is this important? Because in recovery mode, people can do lots of different things in order to fix some issue their smartphone and also to improve the phone performance.
In recovery mode, people can do factory reset where it will bring the phone back to its clean state and solve any problem that happen from wrong customization or any other problem like that.
This is also the place where people can wipe out cache partition that crowding the phone memory and also apply the update from various source either from ADB or external storage.
What about you? If you want to know how to get into recovery mode in your Samsung Galaxy S7, then you can follow the guide below
Boot into Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy S7
Here are steps by steps on how to get into recovery mode on your Samsung device. Make sure to follow the guides carefully so you can enter the recovery mode in no time:
- Please turn OFF the device first
- When the phone is off, press and hold three button in the same time, the Power button, Volume Up and also Home button.
- Keep press and hold for several seconds. While you do it, pay attention on the blue text that show up at the top of the screen. When the “Recovery Booting” text appear, release your hold on the three buttons
- Now all you need to do is waiting for your device to complete its booting process and enter the Recovery Mode. When the booting process is complete, a little green Android robot will appear in the screen
- Keep waiting until the device enters the standard Android recovery mode. Pay attention, because in some case there will be a warning message showing that show up in the screen and if you happen to get this message, just accept it before you can proceed to the next step
- Inside this mode, you will see a list of recovery mode menu. You can navigate on the menu by using the Volume Up and Down button. There are several menus to choose, such as wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, reboot system now and other menu.
- By using Volume Up and Volume Down button, navigate through the available menu and highlight the action that you want to do.
- Once you sure about the action you want to perform, use Power button to select the options
- The phone will start to perform the action you had choose, and it may take some time before it finished the whole process
- Once you finish what you are doing in recovery mode, then you can leave by highlighting and choose the “Reboot System Now”. Wait for a while until the phone finish reboot and it will enter the standard mode, where you can see the change has take place
Getting inside recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy S7 is easy and very simple. Since this action can help you to solve most problems that could happen to your phone, then this is the one knowledge that you should learn and mastered.
Still, you need to be careful before you choose any option in recovery mode. Make sure you know what you are doing, and the most importantly, always create a backup from the data in your phone just in case something happen along the way.