Recovery Mode on Nexus 6P – The basic knowledge of having a smartphone Android is to know how to boot it into recovery mode and you can find out how to do it on your Nexus 6P right now using this simple guide.
Just like the name, a special mode allow you to do special things with your gadget and as for recovery mode on nexus 6P, it allow you to special things including:
- Recover your device from mistake that you made on the system
- Recover your device from a bootloop that could happen for various reasons
- Perform factory reset to bring your phone back to its fresh out of the box state
- Wipe the whole cache partition
- Side load OTA update manually
Do you think that you need to do one of those actions in the near future or perhaps you need to do it right now? If that so, then the first thing you need to know is how you can bring your Nexus 6P into recovery mode.
You need to boot your phone several times before you can enter recovery mode and although it may sound confusing, but it is not because the step by step to do it is very easy to follow. Follow this guide that will bring your device into recovery mode:
- Power OFF your Nexus 6P. You will find that if you want to boot into special mode like this one, you have to power off the device first.
- When it has turn off completely, boot into Fastboot Mode. This is an important step because the gate to enter recovery mode is located in fastboot mode, so whether you like it or not, you have to boot into fastboot mode first.
- On fastboot mode menu, use Volume Down button to go down on the available option. On the third row of the option you may find “Recovery” option. Use Power button to select this option.
- You will see the screen start to change into a black screen with the green Android robot laying on its back with exclamation sign on top of it.
- Now, this is not the real recovery mode. You need to get pass this splash screen before you can enter recovery mode menu.
To do this, press and hold Power button, and right after that, press the Volume Up button without letting go the first button. If you do it right, you will be taken into Recovery Mode instantly. If you don’t succeed in the first attempt, try again. Follow the sequence of pressing and holding Power button before press Volume Up button.
If you manage to enter recovery mode, then you can choose the option from the available menu. It is up to you to choose the actions you want to perform either it factory reset or side load OTA updates. Work on it and when you are done, go back to regular Android mode by choosing “Reboot System Now” option.
You can practice on doing this so when the time comes when you really need to boot into recovery mode, you can do it easily and have the action performed flawlessly in the first attempt.