Learn how you can disable Doze feature on specific app only on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge while in the same time let it work for other feature on your phone so you won’t miss any important notification.
Doze is a feature that you can find on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, where it basically will bring the entire app into sleeping state while the phone is not in use.
It also means that Doze will prevent the app to functions as well as it used to be, such as preventing the app to give notification to its user. It work great to save battery life but it can be a problem especially if you need an app to keep working in the background.
You don’t have to worry no more, because you actually can disable Doze feature on particular app that you want to. Here is how to do it:
- Go to Settings app, find the “Battery” option and tap on it.
- On the top right of the screen, you will see “More” button. Tap on it as well.
- There will be two options and you need to choose the second options “Optimize Battery Usage”.
- Tap on the “Apps Not Optimized” drop down menu and then go tap the “All Apps” option.
- You will find the list of the entire app and service that is available in your device.
The whole applications are toggled ON, meaning that it affected by Doze feature. What you need to do is to find the app that you want Doze to ignore and simply toggle it OFF. You can disable this feature on any app that you want from email, social media to game app.
That is all. Once you change the setting of particular app in your phone, then those app will be ignored by Doze and you will be keep receive the notification from those app. If you still get some trouble on receiving the notification, then you need to check on other aspect such as the application setting or perhaps the internet connections to make sure that everything is well.